Tiffin, Ohio 44883
POSITION: Maintenance Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Director of the Physical Plant
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Department
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Director of the Physical Plant, the Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing basic maintenance duties, such as replacing light bulbs, and ceiling tiles, patching drywall, moving and assembling furniture, painting, hanging pictures, shelves, televisions, etc. The Maintenance Assistant must have basic maintenance knowledge and skills.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform heavy physical work indoors and outdoors with exposure to various hand and power tools.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and/or operate various types of equipment.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Haul and deliver goods and materials to various campus locations.
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the job site/assignment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Education: High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver's License and be insurable for vehicle operation.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to bend, climb, reach, kneel, stoop, and lift 50 lbs or move heavy equipment.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of how to use hand/power tools.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver's license
- Ability to use tools and operating equipment for the job intended.
- Ability to withstand exposure to vibrations and noise from machinery and to use appropriate safety equipment to minimize exposure.
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Date Posted : 05/11/2023
Share On :