Barkan Management Company
Barkan Management Company is currently seeking an experienced Full Time maintenance person for FalmouthPort Condominium located in East Falmouth.
- Duties include various maintenance functions that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, flooring, carpentry, heating/air issues, landscape irrigation systems.
- Completes minor repairs and improvements in common areas in a timely manner.
- Performs general carpentry duties such as painting, finish carpentry, window/glass repair and door/lock repair.
- Assists with emergency roof repairs & gutter, downspout and exterior siding repairs
- Assists with trash removal and keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
- Assists with snow and ice removal
- Performs emergency on-call service for after-hours maintenance-related issues as required.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks.
- Fosters a positive attitude and is respectful to residents, vendors and staff. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors and supervisors
- Comply with all personnel management policies and procedures
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features as required to minimize liability concerns
- Ensure adherence to the company’s safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures
- Work with maintenance supervisor to ensure physical condition and appearance of the property will enhance the value of the community utilizing company operating and safety standards.
- Completes special projects, tasks or duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 1 years of experience in community management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade. Renovation experience also a plus.
- Our community staffing limitations make it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
- On-call, after-hour emergency service is required on a rotating basis. Must live within 20 miles of the community for efficient response time
- Hands-on repair and maintenance work constitutes majority of time and duties
- Must be able to move up to 50 pounds variable distances; mobility and flexibility to use ladders to heights in excess of 8 to 9 feet; ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Use of general maintenance equipment including but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment; all equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of yourself, fellow associates or residents
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel that includes proper footwear, such as work boots
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and efficient
- Team oriented with ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Special skills include ability to diagnose problems and repair the following:
- Basic to intermediate plumbing & electrical, when no license is required
- Basic general carpentry and painting
- Roofs and gutters
- Walkway & sidewalk repairs
- Ice/snow removal
- Golf carts and small engine maintenance
The Barkan Companies is a diversified group of real estate businesses with a solid record of success in property management, construction and development. Since our founding in 1964, we have been a proven leader in the real estate development and management market. Today we employ over 750 people and provide services to 187 residential communities in 7 states. Our Boston based companies with regional offices in Providence, Hartford and Washington DC, deliver outstanding client service with an uncompromising focus on quality. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of property management available. We routinely invest in the resources to maintain our position as the leader in third party management services.
Barkan is looking for a dedicated and talented individual who can contribute their skills in a collaborative environment in service to our clients. In return, Barkan offers highly competitive compensation and some of the best benefits in the industry. Barkan is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, to include health, dental, vision, life insurance, long & short-term disability, paid vacations, a 401K match.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time,On Call
Share On :