People Serving People
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
The primary focus of this position is the safe operation, repair, maintenance, and improvement of People Serving People's shelter facility, in compliance with city and state codes and regulations. The Senior Maintenance Technician partners with the Facilities Manager to promote safety, continuity of operations, and the continual improvement of the shelter facility, and the technical mentorship of Facilities department staff.
Responsibilities for Senior Maintenance Technician:
- Trains maintenance staff. Partners with Facilities Manager to evaluate the performance of Maintenance staff.
- Provides technical mentorship and instruction for Facilities staff, promotes and partners with the Facilities Manager to prepare Maintenance staff for succession.
- Partners with Director of Administration & Compliance and Facilities Manager to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, quality, and licensing standards issued by OSHA, EPA, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
In Partnership with Facilities Manager:
- Ensure the highest level of facility safety, operational continuity and trauma responsiveness in compliance with all relevant codes and standards.
- Liaise with government agencies in regard to facility inquiries, inspections, and data requests.
- Monitor safety devices, equipment and procedures and actively seeks to identify and correct hazardous conditions and practices.
- Develop, manage and steward the department's operating and capital budgets. Tracks progress against People Serving People's Facility Renewal Plan and partners with Finance to administer fixed assets.
- Serves as technical lead on Facility Renewal Plan projects and delivers them on time and at or below budget.
- Scope projects and source contractors, and serves as technical interface with contractors upon award.
- Proactively identifies shortfalls within Maintenance so the Facilities Manager can correct them.
Pay and Benefits for Senior Maintenance Technician:
- Schedule: Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 3:00pm
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
- Trade certification or Associates degree in trade related field
- 5 or more years' experience operating and maintaining a complex facility along the lines of People Serving People's emergency shelter building.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency repairing and maintaining building systems including HVAC, refrigeration, transport, electrical, and plumbing.
- Demonstrated experience using Direct Digital Controls and Building Automation Systems, and compliance with local and state facility codes and regulations.
- Ability to obtain Second Class C Boiler License or already possess Second class C Boiler License strongly preferred
- DOT Healthcard
- Able to complete First Aid/CPR/AED/Overdose trainings within one year and maintain it thereafter.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours and may have to report to work after-hours only in the case of an emergency to oversee facilities.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Windows App Link:https://www.click2apply.net/5ZKONecYbYgOwfrV4uyBNL
Share On :